Duh! Congress Works for Us. Let’s Act Like It!
Duh! Congress Works for Us. We’re the Bosses! Let’s Start Acting Like It !
I watched the National Tea Party’s first gathering a week or two ago. Sarah Palin was the main speaker. She did a good job, expressing her views and the views of the Tea Party movement. I am pleased that Americans are finally standing up and getting involved. One thing, I want to point out though, is that the Tea Parties have been revving up for the last year, but now it’s time to go into action. Yes, they have started, but to really effect this mid-term election, they need to Stop talking and start “Doing”. As I understand it most Tea Party people will probably vote Republican. If this is the case, then the Republicans might want to consider getting their act together and start working with the Tea Party people. Let’s face it, if they don’t they will lose. In case they have missed what is going on, the people gaining power right now is the Tea Party people.
We need to get to work now, today! We have only 9 months until the elections and time flies by very fast. It’s time to start targeting some issues, setting some specific goals and putting the power of the people, the Tea Party people and the Republicans behind them.
We need a National Referendum put on the ballot in each state this year. We need to change how Congress gets paid. I believe, since we know Congress will not change how much they get paid or how, the individual states have to vote on it, by putting a referendum on the state ballots. I’m not sure how it is done, but I sure someone out there in Tea Party land knows. We can start with the following changes.
1) No continuous pay checks once they leave office.
2) They need to be put on Social Security like the rest of us.
3) If and/or when they pass a Health Care bill it will apply to them also. No more treatment as though they are Royalty. They work for us.
4) Congress only serves TWO terms and then they are out. This will help limit the amount of corruption within those Congressional walls.
5) The spouses should be on Social Security now, if they work.
6) There needs to be a National Campaign to remove Nancy Pelosi. Yes, I know she is elected by the people in San Francisco, but as Speaker of the House she represents the entire American public, (as she puts it “the Astro Turf”) and it’s time we did something about her. She needs to be put out to pasture. I believe it’s time to have her recalled, and it will take a National Campaign to persuade those in California that she’s not worth their vote. Actually, I believe California wants our help with their economic mess. Maybe it’s time to make a Deal!
7) Others that need to be voted out or recalled are Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, Charlie Rangel, and Barney Frank and a few more. Let’s clean house and get rid of everyone who has been there longer than 2 terms.
In his State of the Union address, Obama said he would make “Jobs” the priority this year and then he goes right back to the Health Care bill. And just for show he’s having a Republican/Democrat meeting Thursday to come up with a bill that will be Bi-Partisan, so he has someone to blame (the Republicans) when the people get mad. He announces an $85 Billion Jobs bill then Sen. Reid cuts $70 Billion out of it. Now, our JOBS bill will be $15 Billion. What’s with these morons? Nothing like trying to keep the people under their thumbs.
Congress needs to be put on the same Health Care program that they so graciously pass for us. These very disgustingly poor examples for Human beings, much less Americans, deserve to be run out of town, with no benefits at all. Congress has done nothing but waste a whole year working (supposedly) on a bill the majority of Americans don’t want, instead of spending that time working on a plan for jobs for unemployed Americans.
Congress serves at our will, not theirs, something they seem to forget as soon as the win another term. Enough is Enough!
These people, especially this Congress, starting with Nancy Pelosi, are condescending in the way they speak to or about their constituents, they are rude and self-absorbed. They refuse to listen to their constituents when they say “NO” to a bill they are working on. The Health Care bill is an example, something like 70% of Americans do not want the Health Care bill Congress has been fervently working on, and they have yet to listen.
Duh! They work for u s. We’re the bosses! Let’s start acting like it.
This Congress just wasted 1 year, working on a Health Care bill that the people they are supposed to be helping by passing the bill, cannot afford to pay the monthly payments on because they are out of work. Congress hasn’t listened, but has instead said, “Hey, if you don’t pay then you will be fined”. I mean this really makes sense, doesn’t it? The fact that many Americans have no job doesn’t even matter. Of course, I have heard that if they don’t pay the fine they are sentenced to a term in jail. Funny thing because jail is where they will at least get food, shelter, and “YES” Health care for free.
Really do you actually think these idiots in Congress deserve the salary they are getting paid now, much less the hefty amounts they reap when they retire? I don’t. In fact, just writing this is making me sick.
This Congress has yet to earn what they have been paid this past year. And I truly hope, with all my heart, that we pay them the bonus they deserve for all their hard work, by not re-electing them.